Also known as MCA (Multitrepannic Collagen Actuation), Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), Dry Needling, Dermal Rolling, PCIT Percutaneous Collagen Induction Therapy, “Facial Needling” or “Medical Needling” Dry Needling, Dry Tattooing, Needle Abrasion, Needle Dermabrasion, Facial Mesotherapy, , or Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT). So you can see, this procedure goes by many names!
It is not Acupuncture. The technique reduces the depth of wrinkles and fine lines on the face. It also reduces shallow depressed scars such as Chicken Pox or Acne scars. Facial needling is a natural skin rejuvenation method that fills and softens wrinkles and scars. It does not use chemicals, fillers, injections, or lasers to do so. The process creates hundreds of microscopic “pin pricks” to activate your body’s wound healing process. As your skin heals, it uses your own collagen to fill the “valleys” of wrinkles and scars naturally. The technique was discovered to be effective in the 1940’s, but the methods of performing it today are more sophisticated. Needling is also called This procedure is more popular in other countries than in the United States. However, plastic surgeons in the U.S. have used it in addition to those in Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
Skin Needling is a revolutionary non-surgical skin rejuvenation treatment that creates healthier, younger looking skin. As a form of collagen induction therapy, needling is regarded by many to be as effective as laser resurfacing. Using commercial tattoo machines and needles, the skin is stimulated so it naturally produces collagen that plumps, fills and firms while leaving the dermis intact - unlike invasive surface treatments such as chemical peels and dermabrasion. Skin is smoother and younger looking at a fraction of the cost as compared to surface treatments such as peels, and the results are much longer lasting than what can be achieved with fillers or botox injections (typically 5-7 years).
Compared to plastic surgery and other invasive treatments, needling is a highly effective, affordable, long lasting alternative that can take years off your appearance and repair many types of skin imperfections. Our skin renewal services are quick, safe, and painless.
You may benefit from Needling if you have:
- Wrinkles & Fine Lines – Look 10 years younger without a face lift! Diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, crow’s feet, aged neck skin, and sagging skin. Needling offers great, long lasting results!
- Scars from Acne, Burns, Injury, & Surgery - Reduce the depth of pitted and depressed scars for a smoother texture and shallow scars such as those from acne, surgery, injury, and chicken pox will become smoother, flatter, and less noticeable. Needling may also help restore color to the scarred area.
- Stretch Marks & White Scars - Acivate the production of melanin to restore a more even, natural skin tone to white or light colored scars.
- Scar Tissue Relaxation - Relax fibrous tissue from burn injuries and some scars that can contract and limit movement. Needling can improve flexibility and works well on contracted, scarred areas.
- Enlarged Pores - Effectively reduce the size of enlarged pores.
- Sun Damaged Skin - Improve overall skin texture and enjoy additional firming and smoothing. You can expect the skin in the treatment area to be thicker, healthier, and younger looking.
Needling offers many benefits when compared to more expensive and invasive procedures such as laser resurfacing and chemical peels, including:
- Needling is ALL NATURAL - nothing is injected, there is no surgery, and it is considered a "bloodless" procedure.
- The skin is lightly punctured with commercial tattoo needles to cause a "perceived injury to the skin".
- The body responds by increasing production of collagen and elastin to fill and plump wrinkles, lines, and scars.
- Needling is extremely affordable and results are long lasting.
- Needling is safe, non-invasive, and does not require general anesthesia.
- There is no risk of scarring or permanent color changes as with chemical peels and laser resurfacing.
- Simple aftercare and rapid healing – there is no down time.
- Tattoos on hands, necks, or faces for people who need to look more “professional” for job interviews and promotions.
- Tattoos with the names of former lovers.
- Artistic tattoos with flaws or poor design.
- Cosmetic tattoo mistakes.
- People celebrating growth and changes in life.
- Parents whose small children are frightened by their tattoos.
- At-risk youth trying to change things around.
GET IN TOUCH
Have your Permanent Makeup designed & applied by the same artist who has made some of Hollywood’s most famous faces beautiful.